Investigative Journalism Internship Program for Students
Be on the cutting edge of journalism.
The New England Center for Investigative Reporting, a pioneering new model of journalism based at Boston University’s College of Communication, is looking for interns for the summer, fall and winter semesters.
You will get hands-on experience working on investigative projects that will be distributed through our media partners including The Boston Globe, WBUR (NPR), NECN, and many other prominent New England outlets.
This is a non-paid internship for which students can arrange course credit at their home college or university.
Students will get experience in:
- Public records research
- Database analysis
- Computer-assisted reporting
- A thorough understanding of the investigative reporting process
- Develop news clips and broadcast tapes for their professional resumes
- Work closely with a team of experienced reporters at NECIR-BU.
- Develop multi-media presentations of stories resulting from their project work.
- March 1st for summer internships
- July 1st for fall internships
- November 1st for spring internships
“NECIR has been there for me since high school, and in the years since, has never failed to answer questions, provide recommendations, and offer me opportunities to learn. At NECIR this summer, I met journalists from around the world and heard about their work, learned computer-assisted reporting techniques, worked on research for future pieces, and watched my co-interns produce incredible stories.”
– Queen Arsem-O’Malley