Investigative Journalism Internship Program for Students
Be on the cutting edge of journalism.
The New England Center for Investigative Reporting, a pioneering new model of journalism based at WGBH News and Boston University’s College of Communication, is looking for interns for the summer, fall and winter semesters.
You will get hands-on experience working on investigative projects that will be distributed through our media partners including The Boston Globe, WGBH, WBUR (NPR), NECN, and many other prominent New England outlets.
This is a non-paid internship for which students can arrange course credit at their home college or university.
Students will get experience in:
- Public records research
- Database analysis
- Computer-assisted reporting
- A thorough understanding of the investigative reporting process
- Develop news clips and broadcast tapes for their professional resumes
- Work closely with a team of experienced reporters at NECIR-BU.
- Develop multi-media presentations of stories resulting from their project work.
- February 1st for summer internships
- August 1st for fall internships
- November 1st for spring internship